Rail points for second passenger

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue in KY

Service Attendant
Hello all -- first-time post, although I've read here since summer.

As fairly recent retirees, my husband and I are planning a long-distance train trip -- my first since childhood, when my parents put me in the capable hands of a series of kindly "sleeping-car porters," as they were called back then, for my overnight summer trips to visit grandparents. So we're really looking forward to an adventure that isn't car- or plane-based!

After gathering lots of good tips here, we each joined the Amtrak Guest Rewards program back in August, then applied for and used the Chase AGR card to buy our tickets (Southwest Chief Chicago-Los Angeles; Surfliner LA-San Diego to visit our younger son, then Surfliner back to LA; Coast Starlight LA-Seattle; Empire Builder Seattle-Chicago -- all in bedrooms except business class Surfliners, so we've amassed several thousand bonus points already on my husband's membership number, even before our trip in early March).

My question (finally!) is, how do I get MY rail points credited to MY AGR membership number? We bought the tickets online, logged in with my husband's number, so his membership number shows up -- on the reservation confirmation; we won't pick up our tickets until we actually begin our trip in March.

I know I've seen this very situation discussed somewhere, but I've searched using every keyword I can think of and can't find it now.

Thanks for answering my (first, probably of many) question!

Sue,

Welcome! :)

When you were online buying the tickets, there would have been a place next to your name for you to enter your AGR number. If you didn't do that, then you'll have to call up Amtrak and after giving them the reservation number(s), ask them to add your number to your tickets.

Then once you actually travel and your tickets are taken by the conductor, usually within two to three weeks the points will show up on your account.

Sue,
Welcome! :)

When you were online buying the tickets, there would have been a place next to your name for you to enter your AGR number. If you didn't do that, then you'll have to call up Amtrak and after giving them the reservation number(s), ask them to add your number to your tickets.

Then once you actually travel and your tickets are taken by the conductor, usually within two to three weeks the points will show up on your account.
Thanks, Alan!

I don't remember a place for my own number ... but then that was several months ago, and my memory's not guaranteed to last that long. :(

As well, it could be that I actually didn't get my own AGR member number until after booking the trip -- that memory thing again!

I'll call Amtrak tomorrow, and thanks again!

Sue

Back