Quiktrak vrs mail question/issue

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a trip TRE (Trenton, NJ) to WNL (Windsor Locks,CT) this summer. On my northbound leg, I can get my AAA discount on the fare which is great. When I add my return leg, it's one of the special NE Corridor fares where if you add AAA, your price goes up.

So I tried breaking it into 2 separate legs to purchase separately, but ran into an issue. I can do the NB leg fine and pick up at a QuikTrak. But the website is forcing me to do the Southbound return leg tickets by mail since WNL is an unstaffed station with no QT machine.

I'd like to pick up both segments at Trenton's Quiktrak machine or from one of the agent windows there...just in case I need to cancel or move the trip btwn now and the summer. I really don't want a hard ticket. And I still want my AAA discount on the first leg of the trip and get the special NE corridor fare on the return leg.

So what I'm asking is if I call to purchase only my southbound leg, can the ticket agent have them held for pickup at a QT or station instead of forcing me to get it via mail?

Just call an agent, and tell him/her that you will pick up your tickets at a manned station. Or if you really wanted to do it online, book it from Springfield, MA. It will cost a few more dollars (not that many), and it will let you book on line!

This is a system design flaw. As other have said, you can avoid having it mailed to you if you call. Of course, that will make it impossible to modify or cancel the reservation on line - another design flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back