Question about Philadelphia

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb64

OBS Chief
Going to a conference in Philadelphia in October. Taking Amtrak, of course, and my hotel is at 237 South Broad Street. What is the easiest, safest way to get from 30th st station to my hotel? Are taxis available and plentiful? Google shows the hotel is only 1.4 miles away....walkable area?

Thanks in advance.

Taxis are plentiful and available! They all take credit cards, too.
Thanks Amamba. Sorry about your delays on your trip, that one may truly qualify as the trip from hell and certainly far worse than my trip last summer. I think I have come to the conclusion that train travel is best done outside of the summer months. My trip in March was truly wonderful with very few snafus compared to my trip last summer and many others trips this summer.

Going to a conference in Philadelphia in October. Taking Amtrak, of course, and my hotel is at 237 South Broad Street. What is the easiest, safest way to get from 30th st station to my hotel? Are taxis available and plentiful? Google shows the hotel is only 1.4 miles away....walkable area?

Thanks in advance.
If you are arriving via Amtrak, you can ride Septa's Regional Rail from 30th St to Suburban Station for free (just show your Amtrak ticket stub, though

they rarely check tickets on that segment anyhow). Septa trains run frequently, and you can take any train departing 30th St eastbound.* From Suburban station

it's about a 5-block walk to your hotel. Obviously cab from 30th St would still be quicker, just depends on how much you want to pay (cab fare vs. free).

In general, the area is quite safe to walk.

*Septa trains depart from the upper level concourse at 30th St. It's fairly well marked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back