Question about drinks provided in sleeping car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radsmom

Train Attendant
It has been a couple of years since our last sleeper trip. I do remember on past trips there was juice and later some sodas in the coffee service area of the sleeping car. Is this still the case? Is there any bottled water provided?

I am trying to get my packing organized and I was wondering if I should pack any small bottles of water along with our snacks. Last time I remember having small bottled waters but I can't remember if I brought them aboard or if it was in the service area.

Thanks!

In January we had OJ and bottled water and coffee in the big pot in our sleeper on the CZ. The OJ went fast in the AM and I grabbed a few extra waters in the AM to have during the day.

On the California Zephyr (1/23/06), Southwest Chief(3/9/06), and Coast Starlight(3/11/06) there was bottled water provided through out the trip. The sleeper attendant had several cases and set them out in the beverage area as needed. Also throughout the trip on all three trains Orange and Apple juice was available. I believe Cranberry was also available on the Coast Starlight. Coffee service varied, depending on the sleeper attendant, but there was coffee available always in the morning.

Cheers,

David Z

Others have covered what Amtrak still does provide in the sleeping car. But since you asked, they eliminated free sodas a while back, you can only get a free soda now in the dining car with your meal.

on the eb(3/14 and 3/19)coffee was always available, bottled water and apple and orange juice were generally out. if none was in the beverage area we just asked the sleeper attendant and he got us some. with the size of the meals and the amtrak snack mix and cookies i doubt you need to pack too many snacks.

Free drinks comes with a sleeper?
Coffee, Water and juice in the sleeper, free coffee, tea and soft drinks in the diner for sleeper car passengers. Beer and wine cost extra, except when they have a wine tasting on the EB.

Gosh it makes me feel "cool" to be able to answer a question! :lol: The CZ had juice and hot coffee every morning for us. We also had access to bottled water too. The coffee was very good and since we was in room "E", the pot of coffee was right outside our door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back