Question about Auto Train Crew Base

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proverber407

Hi All,

I have a simple question about the Auto Train Crew Base. Are there any OBS crew members based out of Sanford, FL?

I live in Heathrow, FL which is a rocks throw from Sanford and I was interested in submitting an application the next time vacancies were posted but I was told by HR Reps out of Miami and DC that HR typically likes to hire those in the local area; meaning, a candidate in the DC/Lorton area will be given preference. Lately, if you notice on the bottom of many of their announcements, it says in big bold letters, "PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES". UGH! I cringe every time I see that!

Anyways, thanks for any responses and Happy New Year to all!

Hi All,

I have a simple question about the Auto Train Crew Base. Are there any OBS crew members based out of Sanford, FL?

I live in Heathrow, FL which is a rocks throw from Sanford and I was interested in submitting an application the next time vacancies were posted but I was told by HR Reps out of Miami and DC that HR typically likes to hire those in the local area; meaning, a candidate in the DC/Lorton area will be given preference. Lately, if you notice on the bottom of many of their announcements, it says in big bold letters, "PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES". UGH! I cringe every time I see that!

Anyways, thanks for any responses and Happy New Year to all!
All OBS crews are based in Lorton. It may help if you have friends/relatives in Wash DC area you could use as an address, while applying. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back