Purchase failure on amtrak.com

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Did I miss something? I haven't used amtrak.com to buy tickets in a while, and I discovered that things have changed.

1. The site no longer keeps my credit card on file (which I suppose is for security and liability reasons)
  2. The site no longer saves border crossing info (again, security and liability? but several airlines keep that info on file)
  3. Purchases keep failing. It seems to redirect to a Visa checkout system (details go by too fast to read) which tells me that I have to start all over again.
I managed to buy the tickets I wanted through the Android app using the same AGR credit card. But this has happened on three separate occasions now. What a pain. Is anyone else having similar problems?

You might do a virus scan on your computer, just in case.

You might do a virus scan on your computer, just in case.
Excellent point. :ph34r:

Could it be a virus is making it seem like your credit info hasn't been saved, to trick you into typing that info into the virus. Once it gets your Visa info, it gives a faux error to get you to try again by now giving up your AmEx info. :eek:

When I purchase my tickets, occasionally it will do a "verified by Visa" security check, and then issue your tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back