punctuality of the Fort Worth-Austin train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katie

Does the train coming in to Austin, Texas (from the north--Fort Worth area) usually arrive on time? If not, does anyone have an idea HOW late it usually is?

thank you!

Hi Katie,

Unfortunately, on time performance can vary depending on circumstances.

You can check a trains status on the Amtrak website, or once you are at the station, you can check with the agent and they can keep you updated as to the status of the train. I always check the train status before I head to the station and give myself plenty of time to get there and get settled in before the train arrives.

Over the last 5 days, it has been ontime once. The other times it was late 10 min, 17 min, 21 min and 43 min. Small sample, but it does show the variations in arrival time -- usually late.

This train comes in from Chicago. It can be on-time or hours behind schedule. Unpredictable unless you keep track of it on the Internet.

The Eagle has quite a bit of recovery time in Dallas and, on the days the Sunset runs, also at San Antonio, so punctuality on that section should be better than the train's overall punctuality. Having said that, I've been more than 4 hours late on several occasions, so if you're planning anything else on the same day, don't cut it too tight.

Thanks very much for the information!

I would be traveling with 2 small children. Arriving 10 or even 40 minutes late is workable, 4 hours late is not. I'll monitor some of those links y'all shared to get a larger sample of average late times.

thanks again!

Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back