Private cars parked

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayman

Engineer
When a private car is in "long-term parking" at a station, does the owner have the right to access the stationary car whenever he wants? Does parking a private car come with tacit permission to access the property as needed to access the car (ie, without being regarded as a trespasser)? Or is there no blanket rule as the parking situation can vary widely station to station (ie, small station like Winslow, where the car is accessible right from a parking lot with no need to cross any other BNSF tracks, freely accessible; big station like Philadelphia where it might be off in a protected yard, absolutely off-limits)?

Does the private car owner's insurance generally permit hosting events (dinners, sleepovers) on his parked private car at will?

When a private car is in "long-term parking" at a station, does the owner have the right to access the stationary car whenever he wants? Does parking a private car come with tacit permission to access the property as needed to access the car (ie, without being regarded as a trespasser)? Or is there no blanket rule as the parking situation can vary widely station to station (ie, small station like Winslow, where the car is accessible right from a parking lot with no need to cross any other BNSF tracks, freely accessible; big station like Philadelphia where it might be off in a protected yard, absolutely off-limits)?
Does the private car owner's insurance generally permit hosting events (dinners, sleepovers) on his parked private car at will?
As far as I know once your paying for parking your private car, you can have who you want on the car. Party or whattever. But then security at the station if it is a large station should be informed. I have been on several private car trips, where we parked. The owner has a id from Amtrak that allows him to acces his car when ever he wants. In yards they have the cars where the owner can get to them, as in Chicago. Are you thinking of buying a car???

I'd hope so. I'm planning on buying a car as my home- probably several cars eventually. And maybe a dead E/F to go for that whole train appearance. I'm sure none of it will be Amtrak certified at the beginning, but I do hope to certify the tail car (a business or sleeper/lounge/observation and hopefully dome car) for Amtrak service if and when I have the money.

I also want to get a dome car as one of them and put a hot-tub under the dome- preferably the end car that will be Amtrak certified, recalling to mind Keller Williams Kidney In a Cooler:

On the second floor, with a giant skylight,

a driving range and a jacuzzi just right,

for skinny dipping right after the show,

at 80 miles an hour, it's worth all the dough!

:p

I'd hope so. I'm planning on buying a car as my home- probably several cars eventually. And maybe a dead E/F to go for that whole train appearance. I'm sure none of it will be Amtrak certified at the beginning, but I do hope to certify the tail car (a business or sleeper/lounge/observation and hopefully dome car) for Amtrak service if and when I have the money.
I also want to get a dome car as one of them and put a hot-tub under the dome- preferably the end car that will be Amtrak certified, recalling to mind Keller Williams Kidney In a Cooler:

On the second floor, with a giant skylight,

a driving range and a jacuzzi just right,

for skinny dipping right after the show,

at 80 miles an hour, it's worth all the dough!
Come on now!

Can You ever SKINNY dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back