Private Car on 314 (Ann Rutledge)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouielady

Lead Service Attendant
I was at the Kirkwood, MO station this afternoon, just passing by, when train 314 (Ann Rutledge) pulled in (over 2 hrs late, but, that's pretty normal). It was hauling a private car on the back; the Frisco Cimmaron River. Imagine my surprise! 8-10 people detrained from it, but I saw others still inside, apparently riding on to St. Louis. I took some pictures with my phone, but, I don't have an account on any of the photo sharing sites yet, so, I can't post them yet. I just thought it was pretty interesting....

Happy Memorial Day, and I want to express my thanks to any veterans that may be members on this board!

Finally, at long last, is a picture. I would have had it sooner, but, work has been quite hectic lately. Hopefully it comes through alright. I wasn't expecting to see it, so, the picture is the best I could do with my phone. Oops, sorry about the signpost :(

img008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2010, Nebraska plays the University of Washington in Seattle in college football. I would really like to try and get a private car to do a game. A guy I know here in LNK gets a private car and about 10 friends a couple times of year and goes somewhere. They will take the private car somewhere and then use it as there hotel room as well making it alot more affordable than what you first imagine. Most football tours are pricey and they really get you for the "air" and "hotel" part or the "tour guide" part of the package. This car would dang near be perfect. Has anyone on this forum ever did a private rail car? Gingee, I went to the Cimmaron's River's website after your first post. Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

In 2010, Nebraska plays the University of Washington in Seattle in college football. I would really like to try and get a private car to do a game. A guy I know here in LNK gets a private car and about 10 friends a couple times of year and goes somewhere. They will take the private car somewhere and then use it as there hotel room as well making it alot more affordable than what you first imagine. Most football tours are pricey and they really get you for the "air" and "hotel" part or the "tour guide" part of the package. This car would dang near be perfect. Has anyone on this forum ever did a private rail car? Gingee, I went to the Cimmaron's River's website after your first post. Thanks for sharing this with us! :)
Al,

I've had the pleasure of riding on the MOUNT VERNON a few times, and it was truly a wonderful experience. The MOUNT VERNON is based out of NJ, so it probably wouldn't be a good choice for you (you would have to cover the cost to get it to and from NJ).

I would visit the AARPCO website for more info regarding PV charters.

HTH :)

Mike

I've had the pleasure of riding the Cimmeron River before when we took it to Chicago for the weekend. We're planning another trip this summer. Great car and lots of fun as its both our transportation and hotel once we get to our destination. Its fun riding in it as you can hang out the back on the platform during the ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back