Pricing Glitch Finally Fixed!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainLoverJoy

Lead Service Attendant
After running 6 practice reservations that show only "1 left at this price" they all showed the correct price when going from 1 person to 2. YAY......it's about time!! I hate reserving over the phone to get reservation at the right price.....which I've had to do for over a year!!

Now we know what caused the crash. Let's up the fix did not cause other bugs.

Finally. People tend to get angry if they're inappropriately charged more for internet purchase than for phone purchase! Very glad they finally got this fixed.

For all its faults Amtrak's online reservation system is years ahead of China's railway system. I was helping a friend book a ticket online, and among the "features" was a place where you enter your date of birth, but instead of being able to type it into a box, the site pops up a monthly calendar that one has to click through month by month from the present day all the way back to one's birthday! I guess their website must have primarily young users. You can see for yourself at www.12306.cn/ (note that the site is in Chinese only)

For all its faults Amtrak's online reservation system is years ahead of China's railway system. I was helping a friend book a ticket online, and among the "features" was a place where you enter your date of birth, but instead of being able to type it into a box, the site pops up a monthly calendar that one has to click through month by month from the present day all the way back to one's birthday! I guess their website must have primarily young users. You can see for yourself at www.12306.cn/ (note that the site is in Chinese only)
Thank goodness! Amtrak is at least better than one country in the world. That's like saying large cruise ship embarkation is better at US ports than at Swiss ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back