"Prepared" but Amtrak STILL gigged me on sleeper meal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter what the LSA *thinks* , they are wrong and at fault.

It's not the fine print either, it's quite obvious and, not only that, it's standard procedure and there is not excuse for no following it.
There are times, and this is certainly one, where being reasonable takes persistence over procedures and the manual. That is what an intelligent person would conclude.

No where else in Amtrak, is two or more people assigned to sit in one seat. Not even in lower priced coach. One seat = one person is the rule-of-thumb. And anyone looking at a roomette would see simply two seats (and not all that wide of a seat).

There is no excuse to follow something you know is dead-set wrong. I applaud the LSA for taking the high road and using his/her brain. More people should do that.
The LSA did not use his/her brain... they didn't follow official procedure.

Make all of the excuses you want but, as much as you might not like it, you are absolutely, unequivocally wrong

roomettepax_zps16ba2c31.png

• Each person in the room, up to the maximum

permitted, will receive complimentary meals

in the Dining Car.

Here's the link to current Amtrak procedure manual.

Service Standards Manual Revised October 2012

I haven't found any part of the official service standards manual that states:

'The procedures in this manual are open to interpretation, use your brain and do the best you can to alienate and aggravate our customers. You know, the very people that make your job possible'.

The sleeper charts begin on page 482 or, from the table of contents, section 8-68

I found the complimentary meal info in the 'onboard upgrades section' on page 484 or section 8-71
What's a "Business Travel Roomette"?

Plus, I would not really fault someone (like the LSA) who thought that a roomette, because it only has seating for only two, has a max occupancy of two. Yea, I know what the fine print in the manual says, but simple logic says otherwise.
This is the first time I've nominated a guest for fan boy of the year.

Logic says that the dining car manager know and follow the rules. It also says that you don't deliberately alienate a customer, especially over such a trivial matter.

It's not the fine print either, it's quite obvious and, not only that, it's standard procedure and there is not excuse for no following it.
There are times, and this is certainly one, where being reasonable takes persistence over procedures and the manual. That is what an intelligent person would conclude.

No where else in Amtrak, is two or more people assigned to sit in one seat. Not even in lower priced coach. One seat = one person is the rule-of-thumb. And anyone looking at a roomette would see simply two seats (and not all that wide of a seat).

There is no excuse to follow something you know is dead-set wrong. I applaud the LSA for taking the high road and using his/her brain. More people should do that.
The LSA did not use his/her brain... they didn't follow official procedure.

Make all of the excuses you want but, as much as you might not like it, you are absolutely, unequivocally wrong

• Each person in the room, up to the maximum

permitted, will receive complimentary meals

in the Dining Car.

Here's the link to current Amtrak procedure manual.

Service Standards Manual Revised October 2012

I haven't found any part of the official service standards manual that states:

'The procedures in this manual are open to interpretation, use your brain and do the best you can to alienate and aggravate our customers. You know, the very people that make your job possible'.

The sleeper charts begin on page 482 or, from the table of contents, section 8-68

I found the complimentary meal info in the 'onboard upgrades section' on page 484 or section 8-71
What's a "Business Travel Roomette"?
A roomette booked for an employee traveling on company business.

Well, I guess I do end up being the dumb-ass passenger, just boarded #30, and realized I left my laptop in closet on # 6. Called AGR/CS. Kerp ur fingers crossed we have an honest car cleaner.

Well, I guess I do end up being the dumb-ass passenger, just boarded #30, and realized I left my laptop in closet on # 6. Called AGR/CS. Kerp ur fingers crossed we have an honest car cleaner.
If it ends up in the hands of a Conductor, expect a phone call if Amtrak has your cell#.It happened to me. I left my little netbook on the EB (eastbound). I got a call from the Conductor in MSP about the time I realized I did not have it in CUS. He boxed it up very well and sent it on the next EB where it was transferred to the CL and I picked it up in WAS a couple days later.

I was glad that the startup screen has my name on it.

My start up screen only has my phone number and offers a reward for it's return.

So is this saying that 4 children can occupy a roomette without an adult?

My experience with Amtrak Lost and Found department has been extraordinarily good. They found a small bag of medicines that I had left in the Roomette that I traveled in on 92 to NYP. Since it only had few remaining leftovers, and I was not really dependant on it once I got back home I had not even looked for it and missed it.

I got a call from Amtrak about it, and they said that if I came by New York Baggage Department I could pick it up! I was very very impressed. They had found the bag, looked at the labels on the medicines and then looked through the roster to find me, and the Amtrak records to find contact information to make the call to me. I appreciated that very much.

How does that compare to the out of pocket cost for the meals you had to buy?
Spent $12.50 on 3rd pax's lunch, so not bad.

Notice "note" I left for Sandy, the LSA. Unfortunately, I don't think the yellow copy is turned in to anyone. Anyone know?

image.jpg

There are two seats and a pull down bed in a roomette. It's very easy for three people to occupy a roomette - especially 2 kids and an adult. When sleeping, not too hard to get two kids to sleep in opposite directions.

There is nothing "dead-set wrong" about this policy.

Notice "note" I left for Sandy, the LSA. Unfortunately, I don't think the yellow copy is turned in to anyone. Anyone know?
Nope, the yellow copy is your copy. So if you don't take it with you, the odds are good that it ended up in the trash. Whether that was before or after the LSA saw it of course cannot be determined.

That's what I thought, which is why I Snapped a pix of it. If needed, and it's not, cud then still send to customer relations. Guess the best opportunity to "write a note" is on the CC slip that one would sign.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back