Prayers/thoughts for my son-in-law (heart surgery)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
My SIL was born with a heart condition almost 24 years ago. He is having his 3rd open-heart surgery on the 22nd to replace his aortic valve. They knew this would have to be done sometime and now's the time.

His last surgery was 3-1/2 years ago.

My SIL was born with a heart condition almost 24 years ago. He is having his 3rd open-heart surgery on the 22nd to replace his aortic valve. They knew this would have to be done sometime and now's the time.His last surgery was 3-1/2 years ago.
My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope for a speedy and complete recovery.

I'll send some positive thoughts his way. I hope everything goes smoothly!

The surgery was this morning. He's now either in recovery or ICU. My daughter saw him briefly and will see him again shortly. So, guess everything is good so far.

Keep the prayers/thoughts coming as I'm sure is not out of the woods (or anesthesia) yet considering it was heart surgery.

BTW, he had it done at our local children's hospital (where he had his previous surgery). He's gotta be the "big man on campus" there. :D

Dang, I missed this last week!
Prayers sent - hopefully the hard part is past him...
Oh, I don't know. I imagine the surgery was easy for him as he slept through it. :D

But, based on his last surgery, I'm sure the recovery will be slow and painful. And he probably won't be able to hold his tank of a son (9 months 22+ lbs) for a while.

A couple of weeks ago. He can only stand alone for a few seconds.

A month or two ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwww! Look at all that baby chub! I love his cheeks. :) Nine months is a great age.

SIL moved out of ICU yesterday. Could be sent home by end of week.

Grandson had his first belly laugh last night (squeaky dog toy). Then he went for a swim in my sister's condo pool. Brrrrrr. No, I did not go in, my daughter did. He's a water baby just like my girls. :)

Grandson had his first belly laugh last night (squeaky dog toy). Then he went for a swim in my sister's condo pool. Brrrrrr. No, I did not go in, my daughter did. He's a water baby just like my girls. :)
:hi: :cool: :wub:

Betty, I missed all of this until now. I hope you SIL continues to improve and that he gets to go home soon to his loving, though poolside, family!!!

I do believe my job situation occurred so that I would be available for my daughter as the provider of the Napmobile.

We also believe the reason they moved back to DE this spring was so that he'd be where his cardiologist & heart surgeon is & have the support of their families. He did not know he would need this surgery before they moved back. Though they know he'd need it sometime.

It was funny going into a children's hospital and saying I was there to see my SIL and then leaving with the baby (napmobile was called into service) who was not a patient there.

Betty, I am happy to hear that your son-in-law is doing better. Your grandson is adorable. :)

Did someone say adorable baby?

(Sorry Betty, don't mean to steal your thunder, but she's just so darn cute.)

((not that I'm biased or anything))

(((no really, I'm completely not)))

((((OK, maybe just a little bit. Boy, I'm screwed when she gets older and wants me to start buying her stuff. :D ))))

Yo! Get your own thread Ryan! :giggle:

She is cute. Shall we arrange a date for them when they're 16? Martin is already going after the girls and having girls go after him.

And being biased comes with being a parent or grandparent. :)

Back