Possible to merge 2 Amtrak Reservations into one single reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
Hello,

It's the first time I've ever done this (I usually get a round trip ticket), but is it possible to merge two one way tickets into one reservation somehow

From NFL-WIL one reservation and the other reservation being WIL-NFL (at a later date. 2 weeks later) for the same person?

Thank you in advance,
Tom Martin

You should keep the two separate. If something should happen, like the conductor not scanning your NFL to WIL ticket, then your WIL to NFL ticket would get cancelled if it was on the same rez.

Is there any advantage to booking one long trip vs. several separate ones? I've booked round trips as 2 separate ones in the past.

Hello,

It's the first time I've ever done this (I usually get a round trip ticket), but is it possible to merge two one way tickets into one reservation somehow

From NFL-WIL one reservation and the other reservation being WIL-NFL (at a later date. 2 weeks later) for the same person?

Thank you in advance,

Tom Martin
Yes, somehow you could, modify the first reservation by adding the return and canceling the second but likely you would not want to touch them now because changing your tickets now could affect your fares for the worse.

Is there any advantage to booking one long trip vs. several separate ones? I've booked round trips as 2 separate ones in the past.
If you are doing seperate legs on a route in the same direction there could be an advantage. There is no advantage to booking roundtrips on the same reservation except some convenience.

Thank you for your input everyone...I thought maybe there would be some advantage to doing that, but I'll just leave it be

The cost of a round trip ticket is the same as 2 one way tickets on Amtrak. The only exception is on the Auto Train (I think).
The Auto Train is not an exception. One-way x 2 = round-trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back