Possible new site for AU Gathering V ???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It ... has been the starting point for many of my trips to ... America.
You mean Amtrak serves it?
t2802.gif

Count me in!
tongue.gif
I'll be there this weekend, using my AGR points! (Is that in the Eastern Zone - so it's a 1 zone award, right?
huh.gif
)

Has anyone thought that the gathering should take place aboard train.. We could travel from CHI to EMY by train.. just think of the savings on hotels!
You mean switching the focus from a specific city to a train route? Sounds good to me!
Only if they can add some more sleepers!
tongue.gif
I think we sold out most of the sleepers from CHI to STL on 21/421 that Thursday!
laugh.gif
(And that only a small portion of the group!)

Only if they can add some more sleepers! I think we sold out most of the sleepers from CHI to STL on 21/421 that Thursday!(And that only a small portion of the group!)
If the departure city were LA or Chicago could they sell another sleeper's worth of tickets if it was handled through a group sales agent?

How about having Gathering V on the Sunset Limited from Los Angeles to Orlando??
I hope you're joking or there could be a very rude awakening in NOL. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How about having Gathering V on the Sunset Limited from Los Angeles to Orlando??
That would be a 3 year Gathering, covering Gathering V, VI and VII!
laugh.gif
Maybe we should substitute Gathering VI to the Midwest from the East. That will give us some extra padding in NOL - so they can "rebuild the Mobile station" so they can resume the "temporary suspension"!
mosking.gif

That would be a 3 year Gathering, covering Gathering V, VI and VII!
laugh.gif
Maybe we should substitute Gathering VI to the Midwest from the East. That will give us some extra padding in NOL - so they can "rebuild the Mobile station" so they can resume the "temporary suspension"!
mosking.gif
While they punch list the Mobile station everyone could hang around the new Beaumont station with free drinks, non-alcoholic or otherwise, at Jim & Jay's Watering Hole. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back