Possible CA Zephyr Delays

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Grand Junction CO right now and staying near the train station. When I went for a walk this morning there was a big group of people standing around in front of the staion. I went inside to see what was going on. The passengers were bused at least one way today between Denver and Salt Lake (I can't remember if the sign said it was eastbound or westbound). A lot of confusion around there for sure.

I saw both the eastbound and westbound trains go through Glenwood Canyon yesterday. One of them was pretty late for them to be crossing there at the same time! I got some great pictures though of the river, and rafters, and the trains.

Yeah, my boyfriend was waiting for the train to pick him up in Grand Junction, CO and take him to Chicago. The train was detoured and he was bussed to Denver, CO and waited there for 3-4 hours. It kinda sucks cause the train is (was) running 3 hours late and Amtrak can't give an updated status on their website. And if the train doesn't make up any time en route, then he will miss his connecting train to Michigan. Oh well, it's not Amtraks fault.

Yeah he was in Chicago at 6:00 central time, right when the connecting train to MI was leaving. He and the other passengers missed the connecting train , since it is considered a commuting train, they wouldn't hold it a few minutes. Amtrak is bussing them from Chicago to their various destinations right now... I think he will arrive around 2:00am eastern time.

It's a few hours late, but at least they are doing what they can to make sure everyone gets home as soon as they can.

Back