Poplar Bluff, Mo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am taking 371 from HOL to Chi tomorrow (Thu), then 421 to Dallas. I called Amtrak and they said didn't have any info on 421 yet, but to check tomorrow. Anyone know more about what is happening with the route? Any advice for me?

I am also very interested in the status, as I am on #421 next Tuesday (5/3) CHI-FTW and #22 next Wednesday (5/4) FTW-CHI. AGR just let me redeem a bedroom this afternoon (4/27) for #421, so I am very interested in the current and future status.

With a levee break just south of the station (and very near the tracks) and another potential break north of town (and along the tracks), it doesn't look promising!
ohmy.gif
Is there a potential detour route around PBF?
huh.gif

The Eagles are Flying!!! :) :) :) Todays #21 and #22 are both shown Runn ing On Time on the Normal Route between CHI and SAS!!! The Buckets are Very high (Rail Fare $239 from AUS-CHI today/Sleepers SOLD OUT on todays #22/#422.Tomorrow Rail fare is back to Low Bucket $122 but Last room is $363 AUS-CHI!!!)

Looks like the_traveler and I will be coming North on Wednesdays #22, then the Cardinal#50 to WAS for NTD! HomeLand Security has been Notified! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, it's kind of amazing that the Texas Eagle is up and running, given all the flooding! I hope the Missouri/Arkansas/Mississippi area stops getting flooding rains soon - awful for all the folks who live there.

I have a vested interest in seeing the floods go away b/c I have tickets for 5/16 and have already decided I will be canceling if they want to do a bustitution or something. Been there, done that, decided I'm too old for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back