Points run for Select Status worth it?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOS-T-Time

Train Attendant
Hello,

I know what all the benefits of Select status are, I am wondering if it is worth me doing a points run to make the 560 points needed on Acela and a regional to get to that Select status. Just wondering what people thoughts were on the benefits of Selector should I just shoot for Select Plus next year?

BOS-T-Time

Go for it! If nothing else it's worth it for the Coupons, the 25% Bonus Points on all Amtrak Travle and the 1-800 Hotline for Select and Select+ (wonder if the New Executive Status will have it's own Dedicated Number?) I make Select by doing Cheap Point Runs to/from Taylor (One Train a Day :( )on the Texas Eagle to help make select Status (and More during Double and Triple Point Promos) with the few Paid LD Trips I make each year!)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you purchase a ticket valued at $20 from BON-POR, I know you earn 100 guest reward points but do those 100 points go towards tier qualification or do you earn only 40 towards qualification?

You'll get 100 points towards qualification for that trip.

So a round trip would net you 200 TQP's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back