Please Pray

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.menhennet

Conductor
I'm sorry for this to everyone, but we have a dire situation at home. In the past week, my mom's best friend Anne went into the ICU after her liver shut down, for reasons still unexplained. She is a single mom and has two boys a little younger than me, and the outlook is very dire and bleak. Regardless of religion, if everybody could take a minute to please pray for her family that she can pull through this, so that my mom can keep her best friend, so that her parents will not lose a child, so that her pets will not lose a home, but most importantly, so that her boys will not lose their mom at a young age. I know this has nothing to do with trains and mods can delete it if they are so inclined, and I promise not to do it again, but she needs all of the strength and hope she can get right now to fight past this increasingly negative situation. Just to connect it to trains, she takes her boys up in BC to LA a couple times a year to visit her parents, and they always enjoy the ride. Just please - please, do what you can tonight to give us all strength. I don't need to see any comments or PMs or such, the views will be enough so that I know the message was seen. I won't do this again, but we NEED this, and I want to know that I'm doing what I can to get all of the hopeful energy I can out there for her. This is crucial. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing this, Johnny. Anne will be added to the prayer list this morning at my church in Flagstaff. I would be proud to have you as my son. You expressed the matter very well.

Although I'm not religious at all, I see nothing at all wrong with this post. We must all remember that the AU family is just that - a family. We all care about each other as part of our family.

My thought go out for the best!
smile.gif

My thoughts and good wishes go out to you and your friends.

-_- Good vibrations and wishes going out across the Universe to the family Johnny, know youre young (don't ever lose this caring aspect of yourself!) but its so cool to care about others! Keep us posted!

Not to hi-jack from Johnny's worthy need, but I'm also going to ask that everyone please keep Tom (MrFSS) in their thoughts as well since his mother passed away early this morning. :(

I'm sorry for this to everyone, but we have a dire situation at home. In the past week, my mom's best friend Anne went into the ICU after her liver shut down, for reasons still unexplained. She is a single mom and has two boys a little younger than me, and the outlook is very dire and bleak. Regardless of religion, if everybody could take a minute to please pray for her family that she can pull through this, so that my mom can keep her best friend, so that her parents will not lose a child, so that her pets will not lose a home, but most importantly, so that her boys will not lose their mom at a young age. I know this has nothing to do with trains and mods can delete it if they are so inclined, and I promise not to do it again, but she needs all of the strength and hope she can get right now to fight past this increasingly negative situation. Just to connect it to trains, she takes her boys up in BC to LA a couple times a year to visit her parents, and they always enjoy the ride. Just please - please, do what you can tonight to give us all strength. I don't need to see any comments or PMs or such, the views will be enough so that I know the message was seen. I won't do this again, but we NEED this, and I want to know that I'm doing what I can to get all of the hopeful energy I can out there for her. This is crucial. Thank you.
Johnny, you can add me to the list of AU folks that have sent (and no doubt will send more) prayers on her behalf. Bless you for having the maturity to stand up in this forum and ask that we include Anne on our prayer list.

RW

Although I'm not religious at all, I see nothing at all wrong with this post. We must all remember that the AU family is just that - a family. We all care about each other as part of our family.

My thought go out for the best!
smile.gif
Traveler, I couldn't agree more. Plus, I have always thought and said that railroaders have the biggest hearts in the world... and that includes fans, not just actual employees. AU people have demonstrated that to me in these discussions.

RW

My sincere condolences Tom, I know that your heart is heavy and your needs are many at this time, but remember that you have family here at AU. and we will support you,

Johnny, my prayers go out for your mother's friend Anne, please keep us informed

Al, aka oldtimer

I want to thank everyone sincerely for the well wishes that everyone has sent to Anne over the past couple of days. On Sunday, the day after I posted this, Anne's liver number dropped 10 points. Unfortunately, she passed away early in the morning of the 12th. She fought very hard, but could not pull through. She was taken off of life support on the night of the 11th, after her kidneys failed and she began to have internal bleeding. Her kids were able to visit her and say goodbye on Thursday and Friday, when she was still conscious and we had hope. Safe to say that the last few days have been pretty rough on all of us, and I haven't been coping with it too well either. I guess the most positive thing I can take from this is that I will have the satisfaction of knowing I spent all of her last healthy day with her. She took me and my brother along with her two kids to the races, and we had a great day before going swimming. These were about the best final moments any of us could have hoped for. My mom stayed by her side through the entire process, bringing her to the hospital, visiting her for hours a day, braiding her hair when she requested it, and just talking to her after she went into a coma on Saturday. She was there as they removed life support as well. Anne really was her best friend, and I feel much worse for her than for myself, although she was a second mother to me. Her kids are suffering most in this though, 9 and 12. Anne was 43. Please continue to send your best thought to her, now that we know she's not suffering. I found out about her passing this afternoon (yesterday I guess) and I really can't sleep, to answer Shanghai's question. Thank you everyone again for all of your prayers and hope, because we did see a slight improvement after I received the support I did. Sorry I have been fairly inactive the past few days, and I want to share in the condolences to Tom, but may she rest in peace. Sorry that message came so late, Tom, I really am sorry. Thank you so much.

Johnny

Johnny, I'm sorry to read your post and the passing of Anne.

May you, your family and Anne's family find peace in this

very sad moment.

Latest posts

Back