Place to eat near DAL station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rail_rider

Service Attendant
Taking TE #21 from CHI to Dal then jumping back #22 later in the afternoon for a return to CHI. Just a trip for select status. I'll be arriving in DAL on Oct 24th and will have enough time for a nice lunch. Can anyone suggest a good place for lunch near the station? BBQ would be great but really any family owned eatery with a local flavor will fit the bill.

Taking TE #21 from CHI to Dal then jumping back #22 later in the afternoon for a return to CHI. Just a trip for select status. I'll be arriving in DAL on Oct 24th and will have enough time for a nice lunch. Can anyone suggest a good place for lunch near the station? BBQ would be great but really any family owned eatery with a local flavor will fit the bill.
I really do not know of a good BBQ place right downtown.

If the #21 is running on-time or early, you might consider Bakers Ribs

The location at 4844 Greenville is a short walk off the DART RED LINE, which is one platform away from the AMTRAK platform at DAL (buy your tickets trainside as well).

And with about 3-hours between trains, you should have plenty of time.

As a note: the last time I was on the TE, their regional special was BBQ from a place in east Texas. The BBQ sandwich for lunch, and the ribs for dinner were great.

If you are running late, try the RED LINE or BLUE LINE to the WEST END. Lots of places to eat there.

Right across the street from the front entrance and just a cat's whisker north is a GREAT place called Cindy's New York Deli. It is open until 3 pm but be warned you may be frustrated trying to decide what to eat!

Your right, I was on the TE in August and the BBQ sandwich was a very good choice. Thanks for the info regarding the DART, hadn't considered that option.

Yes, Cindi's Deli is right across the street from the station. But if you have time, walk up to West End. Thats where Sonny Brian's is. There are also many other restuarants to choose from there. But if you want real BBQ, that place on Greenville is good enough. I'd give yourself at least two hours for that though. I'd offer to meet you there, but I'm going to be out of town that weekend.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back