Pittsburgh baggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroLux

Next summer we'll be travelling through Pittsburgh on the Capitol Limited to DC. For various reasons, including connections which don't have checked baggage, I'm hoping to off-load and store our checked bags at Pittsburgh and continue on the same train. We'll then return to Pittsburgh at a later date. Does anyone know if the train stops at the station for enough time to off load the bags and check them into the baggage store?

They hold your bags for 2 days before you start to pay a storage fee. So if you are going to DC, and then return tough before 2 days, there will be no storage fee! Just check your bags to PGH.

Two more things:

1) The CL arrives PGH before 5 am, and

2) There may be (and I say may) time to retrieve your bags and check them in storage. However, it may take 15 minutes or more just to get the bags, then you have to store the then get back on the CL. The train may leave without you!

Last edited by a moderator:
My observation in PGH is that the station staff helps unload/load the train and the baggage drop off is closed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back