Philly Trip Report

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb64

OBS Chief
Went to Philly for a few days for a conference and thought I would write a quick trip report. Took regional from Charottesville to Philadelphia, nice ride, nice onboard staff, no problems really except my inability to use my upgrade coupons for business class for me and my daughter.

Arrived in Philadelphia right on time and wow, what a beautiful station that is. I thought South Street Station in Boston was really pretty, but I think this is even prettier. We enjoyed the many fabulous restaurants in Philly. I didn't realize it was known for its' food other than, of course, Philly Cheese Steak. We enjoyed walking around downtown, especially around City Center and City Hall. That is also a beautiful old structure.

Going home, I used one of my lounge passes and checked in to the Club Acela. The buzzer for the door was not working but that was the only negative thing. It is a nice lounge and the attendent, JoAnna was very welcoming and hospitable. Much nicer than the folks I encounter in WAS or CHI. I would have to say my favorite lounges are BOS and PHI. She announced which elevator to take the tracks when the Crescent was pulling in and I took that home to CVS. Car attendant was nice, but one of those who insisted that people sit in assigned seats all together when the car was half empty. He also had this obsession of no bags, including purses, not being on the floor "for your safety". Of all the trains I have ridden, I have never heard this rule before nor had others sitting around me. Anyway, he was very helpful for passengers needing assistance and kept the bathrooms fairly clean. I made a reservation for dinner in the diner and enjoyed the chicken while talking to a student on his way back to school from break. Back to my seat and we were soon arriving in CVS.

All in all, a nice trip as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back