Permission to Come Aboard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyegor

Train Attendant
I realized that I had broken the unspoken rule of forumdom and not introduced myself. Time to correct that error:

42 y/o M, married w/ 2 kids; living in the Catskills.

Other than a few excursion trains as a kid like Strasburg,PA and the mighty VIA Polar Bear Express (it runs to Moosenee, ONT, not the train to Churchill) my first experience with LD train travel was our honeymoon in 1994 LSL-CONO-Crescent-Empire, starting and ending in Syracuse with 3 nights in Nawlins. Since then there was only a single trip to Williamsburg, VA and lots of commuter time to NYP.

Now for the biggie. Me, wife 2 kids on a 3wk vacation leaving from Albany, NY to Denver - San Fran - Portland - Minneapolis - Chicago - Albany. Other than the LSL, these will all be new routes and country for us for the most part. We've booked 2 Roomettes the whole way and have a few days in each of the stops I've listed. Looking forward to it. Leaving out of ALB on 6/26. Hope to check in along the way but we'll see. Thanks for a great site!!

Welcome. I hope your super trip will be enjoyable for the entire family.

Do keep us posted as you travel.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. And thanks for the advice and tips as well. We're looking forward to it.

Back