PDX hotel/restaurant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
May be overnighting in PDX around the third week in February. Is there a decent hotel and restaurant within a reasonable cab ride? I have a cousin in the area that I would like to hook up with in a restaurant near where I am staying. :help:

In PDX, Union Station is located next to a TRI-MAX stop (light rail) - at the front of the Greyhound station (only 1 block away). On MAX, you can easily reach the airport where there are many hotels and restaurants nearby.

I am staying at the Embassy Suites 319 SW Pine Street, which is downtown and a quick taxi ride from the station. You could also walk as it is only a little over 1/2 miles from the station.

Edited to add: The Portland Prime is in the hotel and is suppose to have great meats and seafood.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am staying at the Embassy Suites 319 SW Pine Street, which is downtown and a quick taxi ride from the station. You could also walk as it is only a little over 1/2 miles from the station.

Edited to add: The Portland Prime is in the hotel and is suppose to have great meats and seafood.
Thanks, sounds good! :hi:

A few months ago my friend and I arrived on the Coast Starlight and we stayed 2 nights at the Kimpton Vintage Plaza on Broadway. It could be reached on foot, although we took a cab. Kimpton is my favorite hotel chain and while not cheap, some good deals can often be found. Next month I am staying in one if their Chicago

hotels at quite reasonable rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back