Patrick Henry Cars on California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
Amtrak #5(22) came though Iowa last night with two private cars from Patrick Henry Creative Promotions. They were Evelyn A. Henry sleeping car and Warren R. Henry dome lounge. The coach wrapped in the San Francisco cable car ad was on the Zephyr too. Also, it looked like the trailing lights on the lead locomotive were left on.

I need to get 9 friends together so we can book the PHCP cars and go somewhere, like HOS to LAX and back.
Nice idea if you have wealthy friends!
Hope you have a large discretionary spending fund! It will cost Big Bucks to charter two PVs for a trip that long!

I'd suggest taking the Canadian ( on a 50% Off or Express Fare) or snagging a deal on Iowa Pacific's Pullman trips or any of the other Special trains that run PVs all over the country @ various times!

If I'm reading it right, the PHCP web site says it's $9750 a day for both the sleeper and the dome lounge car.

For 10 people it would cost $975 a day per person - meals included.
"Your all-inclusive and unforgettable journey includes panoramic views of the countryside and gourmet meals prepared by our executive chef who only uses the finest and freshest ingredients. Overnight trips accommodate up to 10 guests."

Other on board staff are also included.

Sample menu

Using your figures, $9750 x3 ( # Days Days HOS- LAX) x2 ( Roundtrip) x 2 (#of Layover days in LAX, the Sunset Ltd.only Runs 3 times a week)=

$78,000!!! Plus tips!

For 10 people that's $7,800 each for a Roundtrip, Houston to LA (and the PVs serving as your Hotel in LAX) on the Sunset Ltd with the 2 Henry PVs!

Seems pricey to me!! YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the opportunity to walk through these cars twice, at Chicago's National Train Day of previous years. Very nice, indeed. Evelyn typically greets visitors in the dome car which bears her name.

Back