Partial Payment of Reservation Using an EVoucher

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
I just booked an online reservation Bakersfield-Fullerton one way trip for two seniors. The grand total was $61.20. I used the remaining balance of $32.10 from an eVoucher to make partial payment and the remainder on a credit card. After the transaction, my credit card pending charge shows a total of $61.20. I have to conclude at this time that my eVoucher was not utilized.

Has anyone experienced this situation when a partial payment with an eVoucher is not recognized as part of the transaction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and it was basically my fault. I think the UI is a tad unclear on how you apply it. There's one step to apply it and then another to actually apply it or something like that.

Yeah, and it was basically my fault. I think the UI is a tad unclear on how you apply it. There's one step to apply it and then another to actually apply it or something like that.
Yes. Fiddle with the UI and make sure the remaining balance is updated correctly before paying.

Yep. I did the same thing, missed the second step on the next page, the 1st time I tried to use an eVoucher as part payment for a fare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I did the same thing, missed the second step on the next page, the 1st time I tried to use an eVoucher as part payment for a fare.
Ok. Yeah I missed the second step although a month ago I redeemed an eVoucher successfully. I called the reservation line earlier and had the agent correct the issue. All set for travel now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back