Parking in Eugene, OR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GusTrain

Train Attendant
Does anyone have the best idea where to leave our car for 5 days in Eugene, OR? I've seen the "long term" parking lot there & it seems really small-I would like to have an alternate plan

Thanks for any ideas!

Here's a thought: take a look at Albany [if you're going north]. Lotsa good parking there.

If you don't mind walking a few blocks, city-owned garages are $6/day and free on weekends. I'm not specifically sure where the nearest one is to the train station but I often park at the one at 7th & Willamette when I'm in Eugene on business. That's about 3 blocks from the train station, I think. If there are "events" going on such as concerts or whatever then there may be an extra charge but it won't be anything remotely close to what the Hilton charges.

If you don't mind walking a few blocks, city-owned garages are $6/day and free on weekends.
I would first make certain that the city garages allow long-term overnight parking -- I can't specifically speak to Eugene, but I have been in a number of municipal garages in other cities that are posted as "no parking 3:00 AM-5:00 AM" or something similar.

Thanks, everyone! I will look into it! We are heading south to LA

I agree that there is lots of free long-term parking available at the Albany, OR station.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a rewards trip booked before the new program-would there be a penalty to change to Albany?

This is a rewards trip booked before the new program-would there be a penalty to change to Albany?
Can't answer that, but just think: if you board at Albany and head back south to Eugene, you'll get to see such exciting burgs as Halsey and Junction City from the train! :) Used to be 79 MPH running between Junction City and Irving Road, too.

Yes. You could call up and ask to see what the damage is. The easy way around that is to purchase a round-trip coach ticket from Albany to Eugene. Of course, that probably would wipe out any savings you'd get from not paying to park in Eugene.

Thank you again, everyone! I really appreciate all the ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back