Parking at the Texarkana station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icbrkr

Train Attendant
In March I might be taking a trip from the Texarkana station instead of KCY that I'm used to leaving from (just one of the 'advantages' of living in a dead zone of no nearby stations). What's the long-term parking situation there? I believe it's near a police station, but I'm curious of anyone else's experiences.

Nothing? Leaving in a few days and wanted to make sure my car still will be there when I get back. :)

I can't answer, since I've only been thru there. The only thing I know about it is the stop is right on the border, with part of the platform and train in Texas and the other part of the platform and train in Arkansas! Beyond that "I know nothing, NO-THING"!

Bummer... well I'll take one for the team and be the guinea pig ;) . I'll post what I find out.

I found a google earth pic of the parking lot next to the building, which has a fence around it. I also saw a lot of cars parked on the street in front of the building. I'm not sure if the lot is intended for long term parking or employees.

http://tinyurl.com/4cu2a7b

In March I might be taking a trip from the Texarkana station instead of KCY that I'm used to leaving from (just one of the 'advantages' of living in a dead zone of no nearby stations). What's the long-term parking situation there? I believe it's near a police station, but I'm curious of anyone else's experiences.

I'm also in the position of only having been through there...I think there's also the county jail (?) on the other side of the station. I'm not sure...as a single woman, I get a vibe from the place that tells me I'd not want to get off the train alone late at at night there.

I also live in a "dead zone." Ardmore is the closest to me but it involves a layover in Ft. Worth (and also the Ardmore station, I'm told, is not the most secure location). I usually drive to Mineola - never had a problem there even though it's an unmanned station, and there's an exceptionally nice woman who is the station volunteer attendant who comes when the train is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back