Parking at NOUPT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Does anyone know if there is long term parking at New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal? I will be departing NOLA on the CONO wednesday and will need to leave my car for 6 days.

Hi Greg, there is a pay parking lot right next to the station. It's in a relatively decent area. People who work in buildings nearbye park in the lot on weekdays. I would obviously remove any valuables from sight but I've left a car there for a few days and there was no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more option, if your traveling on weekdays, is to park in one of the garages of the nearbye office buildings. It would probably be more $$$, but if you needed covered parking, that could be an option. There are a couple of major office towers within three blocks of the station which have huge garages: 1) Entergy HDQ right on Loyola Ave next to the station 2) Energy Centre tower just down Loyola Ave. from the station (corner of Loyola and Poydras)

Parking is to the right on the station, and there are many spaces, but there are no covered spots.

We've parked there for the last 3 years on our trips without a problem. We were gone from 5 - 9 days.

I think it's $4.00 per day now, which is reasonable, my boss went to DC o US Air a week before we went to PHL - he paid $20 a day to park at the NOL airpost.

Just make sure that you put your check showing your parking spot number, and license number on the check, and put it in the CORRECT slot in the big box.

If you want to go to Hammond - the first stop along the way, parking is free there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back