Parking at Minn/St. Paul station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Train Attendant
I'm in the process of revising an upcoming trip b/c of the flooding disruptions and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with longterm parking at the Minn/St. Paul Amtrak station? We'd be leaving our car there for 12 days. Is the parking lot pretty safe? Do we need to worry about whether or not there will be a space when we arrive on the morning of our trip?

Thanks for any information and/or advice :)

Parking is free though limited. A main paved lot holds about 100 passenger autos and there are small gravel overflow lots on either side that probably doubles the capacity. It can be a bit crazy at train time with pickups taking spaces and I have had to circle a few times before getting a spot. The station does have parking placards available at the ticket counter, given your stay I would pick up one of these. It is probably optional for shorter trips. The neighborhood is a little rough but I have left my car there without issue and Hertz leaves rentals there as well. As long as you don't leave your iWhatever in plain site you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back