Overnight parking at Homewood?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you're talking about Homewood, IL. The lots around the station are privately owned, designed for Metra commuters. I'm not sure how they handle overnight parking, but you might check with the Amtrak agent at Homewood. They may have some special accommodations for Amtrak passengers. The lot on the east side of the tracks is permit parking only and they're not shy about towing away anybody who doesn't have a permit. The west side lots (on the Amtrak station side) have coin operated gates.

I have not lived in Homewood since 2001, but if I remember correctly there should be some near the FD/PD. They are located next to each other. There are lots for the Metra only. Those lots are off of Ridge road and Harwood. There might also be parking near Park Ave, which is closer where the little Amtrak station thing is at.

Not sure if you have ridden the Metra in Homewood. There is a Under ground tunnel you walk through. The enterance off of Park is where the Matrak station is. Go down the stairs and then head straight to the Amtrak platform. It's Marked. If you end up on the platform that is raised off the ground you are on the wrong one. You want the one which is ground level.

Since the police and fire are there it's a pretty safe area. it's also downtown Homewood and is pretty busy so people are around.

I parked there for 3-4 nights for our trip to New Orleans. IIRC be has to pay for parking, but is wasn't an unreasonable price. Car was safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back