orlando or jacksonville

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpup

Service Attendant
So if going to St Augustine, do I get off in Jacksonville where the area is not that safe and seedy and have Hertz pick me up or reimburse me for cab ride, or at Orlando where Hertz is right there and safer neighborhood. But then I have to drive two hours to get to St. Augustine. In Jacksonville, only a 40 minutes drive?? That is my dilemma.

Jacksonville is the place to get off for St. Augustine. The area around the Jacksonville Amtrak station is safe. The station is located in a Railroad Yard. You can probably get a rental car company to pick you up. I have left my car at the Amtrak Station in Jacksonville for a week or so at a time without any problems. The drive from the JAX Amtrak Station to St. Augustine is much easier than getting stuck in the I-4 Orlando traffic. St. Augustine is a great place. Enjoy!

There's a third option: when going to St. Augustine by train, we usually use Palatka. It's closer, involves no big-city traffic, and there's an Enterprise agency nearby that will collect you at the station.

Yeah, but I really don't want to use Enterprise, as their cars are twice as much as Hertz. Or so that is what I saw when comparing the two on the websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back