Online PDF ticket question...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric308

Lead Service Attendant
Hey all...never booked online with this process before...(friend is a travel agent)...questions are...that PDF that I printed will work all the way? (CBS-PDX-SEA-CBS). All I have is the print out copy PDF with the code. I also stupidly scribbled a number on the copy. Next question...does Amtak typically send a "reminder" of departure even though I have access at "My Trips?" Thanks, maybe I'll see you out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one PDF should work for the entire trip. Along as the QR code and/or reservation number is not obliterated, you should be fine. If you have a smartphone, you can simply display the PDF (eTicket) on your device.

Plus, you can print out a replacement anywhere along the line, either using a computer, a QuikTrak, or by asking a station agent.

The one PDF should work for the entire trip. Along as the QR code and/or reservation number is not obliterated, you should be fine. If you have a smartphone, you can simply display the PDF (eTicket) on your device.
Even if it's obliterated there's probably enough information for a conductor to look up the rest and verify it. At times I've actually had about five versions of the ticket available.

1) Printed PDF eTicket with QR code.

2) Quik-Trak printed eTicket with PDF417 code.

3) iOS Passbook pass with PDF417 code.

4) iOS Amtrak app with QR code (same as the printed PDF).

5) Station agent printed eTicket with 1-dimensional bar code (interleaved 2/5).

At any time a passenger can request a reprint of the eTicket. I've actually gone to a ticket window with my reservation pulled up on my iPhone and the agent printed up a copy. I've also had eTickets reprinted after already traveling on a segment (from Quik-Trak using the credit card used to puchase although an AGR card is supposed to work if I can just find mine). The segment(s) already used no longer show up, but the code is still the same (it's really just a representation of the reservation number). The 1D bar code is just a representation of the ticket number.

Thanks to you all. I have no Smart Phone, etc. Re: last question....does Amtrak notify you in advance of the departure, or is it all saved to "My Trips?" If in fact they do notify you, is there an option NOT to have them do that? Thanks again.

I don't recall Amtrak sending me any reminders on my upcoming trips, as many airlines do. You might check the Amtrak website to see if there is an option for you to add such a request to your reservation number.

Thanks to you all. I have no Smart Phone, etc. Re: last question....does Amtrak notify you in advance of the departure, or is it all saved to "My Trips?" If in fact they do notify you, is there an option NOT to have them do that? Thanks again.
If the train is going to be delayed and you book online, you can set up a notification to let you know the status.

Thanks to all...I just scratched a hotel confirmation# on the lower part of the ticket. Everything else is intact. One more thing...upon leaving PDX on the Cascades may I wait in the lounge as I have a roomette on the EB out of SEA? Thanks, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back