On Time Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
Just checked the Empire Builder #8 (eastbound).....the one that was supposed to be leaving MSP this morning is 6 plus hours behind.....but the good news is the one out in Montana is only 22 minutes late. Wonder how it will be when we need it at MSP on the 16th of this month. Will it be a train ride or a bus ride, or just late train ride??? I know nobody has the answer, but my mind is just working overtime.

We don't go until December. Sure hope the on time schedule continues to improve, and it is a mild winter. No freezeups or avalanches, etc.

We board westbound EB Aug. 12 - sharing your anticipation of all possible scenarios! It's been a bumpy ride watching the status map the last tow months - eliciting groans, moans and shouts of joy. I've been there so often I think I've become addicted! We have some leeway with reservations and connections, so hopefully all will work well. If it doesn't, we'll deal with it. Not going to fret over something we can't control and let it spoil our first train trip!

We board westbound EB Aug. 12 - sharing your anticipation of all possible scenarios! It's been a bumpy ride watching the status map the last tow months - eliciting groans, moans and shouts of joy. I've been there so often I think I've become addicted! We have some leeway with reservations and connections, so hopefully all will work well. If it doesn't, we'll deal with it. Not going to fret over something we can't control and let it spoil our first train trip!
Now thats a good attitude I keep telling myself to adapt....but you are correct, we leave out of Florida on Thursday, and let the chips fall where they may.

I should have added that yes, I've had moments of "OMG! What'll we do if...." panic - especially when # 7 has totally dropped off the map, but I really want to do this trip by rail, so have struggled to control my panic moments! Getting answers from you folks at AU has helped me understand the situation better and bolstered my optimism! :rolleyes:

7(1) went from 1 hour to 2hr 4min at Havre. :-( Wonder what happen there? Otherwise, they been doing better than CZ!

Somewhat nervous as I'm doing my first ever non-NEC Amtrak trip on September 3 from Chicago to East Glacier.

Last edited by a moderator:
7(1) went from 1 hour to 2hr 4min at Havre. :-( Wonder what happen there? Otherwise, they been doing better than CZ!

Currently are watering the entire train at Havre, MT. This is due to the platform and potable water situation at Minot, ND. Usually the entire train is watered in Minot by the 4-6 man/woman mechanical crew there. We only usually water the dining car in Havre. It's taking an additional 30 minutes or more at Havre to water.

What happened to the 8 out of Spokane this morning? Status currently says service disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back