On the road again

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a six hour delay in OR we're moving.
Have another drink in the Pacific Parlor Car and relax!! We recently experienced a nine hour and thirty-two minute

late arrival into Emeryville on the California Zephyr.

Do you all know something that I don't? Because I don't see where the OP mentions whether he's traveling in coach

or sleeper. Even people in sleeper sometimes have to be somewhere, though certainly we'd have to question whether

an Amtrak LD train is the best option for that type of person.

Meanwhile, the OP seems to have posted back in March in the "hoped for trips in 2013 thread" this nugget:

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/53483-what-is-your-hoped-for-trip-in-2013/?p=427720

The Coast Starlight all the way to Seattle. This will be the first time for my wife and I. We have taken the CS many times to the Bay area. Last time we hit a cabbage truck near Salinas which put us nine hours late getting into Jack London. I can do without that this time.
Well, so far the OP's delay is "only" six hours and there's no indication that they hit a cabbage truck (probably not too many in the KFalls area. But frankly (and

especially if he's in coach) I could hardly blame the OP from getting a little steamed.

Looks like our friend arrived in SEA at 1:30 this morning, nearly 5 hours late. Ah, the romance of rail travel. Just enjoy some more

drinks, sir, you'll be sure to arrive at your destination later today...er, perhaps sometime tomorrow!

Over on Trainorders, someone says the cause of the delay was "Freight train ahead with broken knuckle, then another car with

bad air brakes which had to be set-out."

I have no idea if that's accurate, and it's not clear if the car w/the bad air brakes was on the freight or on the CS.

I just spoke with ozbuc this morning, and he did indeed get to SEA late last night. We're having lunch tomorrow, so I'm sure he'll share the whole story... :)

Well, so far the OP's delay is "only" six hours and there's no indication that they hit a cabbage truck (probably not too many in the KFalls area. But frankly (andespecially if he's in coach) I could hardly blame the OP from getting a little steamed.
With the diminishment of Steam and the proliferation of Diesel, I believe the correct terminology would be that he was getting fumed. Of course, if the OP was on the NEC, he'd more likely be charged up.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far the OP's delay is "only" six hours and there's no indication that they hit a cabbage truck (probably not too many in the KFalls area. But frankly (andespecially if he's in coach) I could hardly blame the OP from getting a little steamed.
With the diminishment of Steam and the proliferation of Diesel, I believe the correct terminology would be that he was getting fumed. Of course, if the OP was on the NEC, he'd more likely be charged up.

:eek:
Nice! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back