Odd KCY -> SAC routing?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icbrkr

Train Attendant
Last time I went out to California using points, I left out of KCY, transferred in Galesburg and took the Zephyr to SAC. When I looked at doing the same thing again, it's no longer an option to transfer in Galesburg - now it wants to route me LAX, bus to Bakersfield and then head up to SAC. However, when I looked at doing KCY to RNO instead, it's an option (!?) to transfer via Galesburg. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I can go to Reno but not Sacramento on the Zephyr and from my understanding, if the system can't route it, I can't use points to take that trip. I wonder what changed?

Multi City: I tried the direct option and got the LA/ Bakersfield shuffle, but tried multi city via Galesburg and was able to get it routed on the Cal Zephyr. This might be an option but I don't know how multi city affects AGR points, or you could just call Amtrak AGR and explain what you want to do. Good luck!

You can also take the SWC out to LAX and then take the CS right to SAC - and if you have a sleeper, enjoy the PPC up the coast!
cool.gif
If it were me, that's what I would do!
cool.gif

Hi,

Being in the UK, I don't get to use any "points" for my Amtrak trips, but maybe you could book as far as Reno on points and just pay a few $ for the onward bit to SAC?

Ed :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back