O.T. - question to wkaemena

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gyuri_ft

Service Attendant
Hi,

After Coaststarlate SJC-->VAC I am forced to use a different kind of transport to MUC :angry: , than MUC-->BUD on EN Imre Kálmán. July 5 I have to pick up my wife and kids at BEG and we will go BEG-->BUD on IC "Avala". You seem to be one of the few people who actually tried the ZS (Zeleznice Srbije) dining car on "Avala" recently.

Questions:

- What kind of food is available (besides of few waiters)? National flavor or bland international?

- How "outlandish" are the prices for the food?

- What is the food quality?

I am sure, the kids will demand the diner, so I have to be prepared fro the proper defense.

BTW: interesting to see your pic. Besides of obvious eye-candy, it's also showing a typical design bug of "GOSHA" couches: window "fogging". Take a look again on your pic! Many people complained, not sure they fixed it.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
After Coaststarlate SJC-->VAC I am forced to use a different kind of transport to MUC :angry: , than MUC-->BUD on EN Imre Kálmán. July 5 I have to pick up my wife and kids at BEG and we will go BEG-->BUD on IC "Avala". You seem to be one of the few people who actually tried the ZS (Zeleznice Srbije) dining car on "Avala" recently.

Questions:

- What kind of food is available (besides of few waiters)? National flavor or bland international?

I am sure, the kids will demand the diner, so I have to be prepared fro the proper defense.

BTW: interesting to see your pic. Besides of obvious eye-candy, it's also showing a typical design bug of "GOSHA" couches: window "fogging". Take a look again on your pic! Many people complained, not sure they fixed it.

Thanks!
I took that train by chance to get back from Budapest to Vienna and beside that the dining car was empty the prices were unusually cheap. Food was plenty and good.

Serbian Dining Car

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks!
I took that train by chance to get back from Budapest to Vienna and beside that the dining car was empty the prices were unusually cheap. Food was plenty and good.

Serbian Dining Car
Thanks, this is the picture I was referring to. Your panorama pics are fantastic. We probably will buy the sleeper accomodation for the daytime (6 Euro/person upgrade Beograd--->Bp) to get some privacy and free tea. Also it's good, the attendant does lock the doors if the guest goes to diner. So the diner is a good news (for the kids) and bad (for our wallet). :lol:

Hi,

Thanks!
yes some windows were blind due to ingress of humidity. You cannot fix it, only by exchange of the window panes. The pictures (4) were taken shortly after leaving the last stop in Budapest, Budapest Kelenfold

Dining Car

I boarded the train in Keleti Pu. ( East Station)

where this picture of a serbian 2nd class car were taken

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks!

Serbian Dining Car
Thanks, this is the picture I was referring to. Your panorama pics are fantastic. We probably will buy the sleeper accomodation for the daytime (6 Euro/person upgrade Beograd--->Bp) to get some privacy and free tea. Also it's good, the attendant does lock the doors if the guest goes to diner. So the diner is a good news (for the kids) and bad (for our wallet). :lol:
The accepted happily Euros for payment.... a Schnitzel cost me 6Euro only and it was huge.

Regarding the panoramas:

stay tune, next week I will start my 2500miles Amtrak adventure ( CZ ) which should result in many high quality panoramas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back