NYP Luggage Lockers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening, I am in the process of planning a trip for the spring and will be overnighting in NYC. I will be leaving NYC on the LSL, does NYP have luggage lockers so I do not have to carry everything around town for the day, and if so how much do they cost.

No lockers, but I believe they do day storage at the baggage service window. Not sure of the cost. If you are in a sleeper on the LSL you could leave the bags in Club Acela. Also, if you do use bag storage, if your destination has checked baggage service, you can check in those bags you will not need access to on the train early so you are only day storing the bags you are carrying on to the train.

No lockers, but I believe they do day storage at the baggage service window. Not sure of the cost. If you are in a sleeper on the LSL you could leave the bags in Club Acela. Also, if you do use bag storage, if your destination has checked baggage service, you can check in those bags you will not need access to on the train early so you are only day storing the bags you are carrying on to the train.
Thank you! I am a light packer and will only have a duffle, backpack and laptop bag, which I may stow in the duffle. If my sister goes on the other hand, we will need a baggage car all to ourselves!

Since 9-11, coin lockers in transportation terminals are hard to find...

Besides security concerns, they were usually all taken up by the homeless...

Well before 9-11 NYC had a major bombing at LaGuardia Airport (1975) Bag could have been left on belt or in locker, most investigators suspected the coin lockers... That was the beginning of the end for lockers in NYC, 9-11 was the final blow....

Back