NY to DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZoneTRN

Need to take the train on a weekday in a few weeks. I was told the one closest to 6 a.m. is insanely busy. I was wondering, for those experienced, if any around that time are significantly less busy? Willing to leave as early as 4 a.m. and as late as 7 a.m.

What day are you traveling? I will tell you that Monday and Tuesday are the busiest days along that route. If you're flexible, you can take 151 which is the 4:40 train. That train doesn't really load up until the train is south of Wilmington, Delaware. The next train,(111) is usually well represented out of PHL.

The rest of them are insanely busy after the first few stops.

Also even earlier there is #67,Lv NYP @325am/ Arr WAS @700am.

You'd be surprised how busy these Early trains can be so Business Class is worth considering on any Regional.

if you want to ride Acela you'll have a Seat but it can be pricey,especially in FC between NYP and WAS.

What day are you traveling? I will tell you that Monday and Tuesday are the busiest days along that route. If you're flexible, you can take 151 which is the 4:40 train. That train doesn't really load up until the train is south of Wilmington, Delaware. The next train,(111) is usually well represented out of PHL.

The rest of them are insanely busy after the first few stops.

Tuesday morning. I could definitely take a 4:40. If I have luggage, what do I do with it?

Why not? You should see what people take on the train these days.
Legit never been on a train for any distance longer than like 15 minutes and that was years ago. So I have no idea! But I'm sure I'll find out. Good to know I can just walk it on like that. Thanks for all your help!

How about from DC to NY? Which train is relatively less crowded on weekend? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back