Not too bright - AGR emailed a free Boston metropolitan lounge pass to me

Discussion in 'Amtrak Guest Rewards' started by bratkinson, Aug 14, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Aug 14, 2019 #1

bratkinson

bratkinson

bratkinson

OBS Chief

I got an email earlier today indicating I have a complimentary access 'coupon' to the Boston Metropolitan Lounge from now through November 15.

Apparently, the AGR computer programmer in charge of sending emails failed to add code to check my current AGR status. I already have unlimited access to all Amtrak lounges & clubs.

I'd offer the pass to anyone, except it has my name and AGR # preprinted on it and it's the body of an email, not a regular 'coupon' in my account.

Even worse, I just got the automatic response indicating that the 'reply to' information portion of the email that I replied to does not accept replies. And it's the most explicit email return address I've ever received!

The whiz kids at Amtrak these days never cease to amaze me.

edit: to add more loss of Amtrak credibility, I forgot that when emailing them using the 'contact us' option at the bottom of the Amtrak or AGR screens, one must be signed out from the web site and fill in name, AGR number, etc. Only when signed out does the screen give any confirmation of 'message sent' and the body of the email as well as all other fields are blanked out. If I wasn't such a train nut, I'd be done with them!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    chrsjrcj likes this.
  2. Aug 15, 2019 #2

me_little_me

m

me_little_me

Conductor

I just got one also. Are United Lounge cards still usable to get into amtrak lounges? I have a lifetime membership in United clubs.

3. Aug 15, 2019 #3

Mystic River Dragon

M

Mystic River Dragon

Conductor

I got one, too, but I am not complaining. Amtrak has done worse things than send an extra free coupon that isn't needed!

I saw pictures of the new lounge décor, and it looks lovely. Is it still nice, or did they do a bait and switch like in PHL, where they made it nice, then almost immediately destroyed it?

I'm hoping to see it sometime this fall.

4. Aug 15, 2019 #4

jis

jis

jis

Conductor AU Lifetime Supporter Gathering Team Member

If you present a United Club Card you will get admission to any Amtrak Metropolitan Lounge or Club Acela according to Amtrak's Lounge Information page. You will not get admission to other Amtrak Sleeper lounges without a Sleeper/BC ticket.

dogbert617 likes this.
  5. Aug 23, 2019 #5

tim49424

tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

I got one too. I won’t be using it as I’m not headed to Boston before it expires.

6. Aug 23, 2019 #6

Anderson

A

Anderson

Conductor

I got one, too. I'm Select Executive. Uh...wow.