nol hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Folks - Back in May or June, when I ticketed my trip through NOL, I asked about hotels and got lots of wonderful info. I (foolishly?) figured I didn;t need to write any of it down because I could always just go back and find it in the forum. But now I see I can't check back that far? Is there a way to do it? If not, I guess I'm going to have ask for it all to be repeated. But surely there's a way to go back 4 months.

Phil S

There have been a number of discussions about hotels in NOL. You could look at those through the search engine.

However, to find the postings you've made in the past, and the thread on hotels you were a part of, go to the upper right corner of your screen and click once on your name. A drop down menu appears, click on 'My Content' and all of your previous postings of the last year should be there. Hope this helps.

There have been a number of discussions about hotels in NOL. You could look at those through the search engine.

However, to find the postings you've made in the past, and the thread on hotels you were a part of, go to the upper right corner of your screen and click once on your name. A drop down menu appears, click on 'My Content' and all of your previous postings of the last year should be there. Hope this helps.

Hello and Davy -- Fantastic! That's it. I see now how I could have found the thread by looking at my postings -- Thanks. But I still don't see how to use the search engine. If I enter "NOL Hotel" it gives me 79 postings but only going back to August. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Phil S

Hello and Davy -- Fantastic! That's it. I see now how I could have found the thread by looking at my postings -- Thanks. But I still don't see how to use the search engine. If I enter "NOL Hotel" it gives me 79 postings but only going back to August. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Phil S
Phil, I'm not sure what the deal is. I played around and had no success as well. I did use double quotation marks in the search (ie "hotel Orleans" etc) and that did change the search parameters, yielding results that went back as far as 2003.

Anybody else have any ideas?

I too am interested in hotels in NOL as I'm heading there next month.

I did end up finding your post. You probably didn't find it because your settings were only

checking the postings for the last 30 days.

What you need to do is to scroll down to the bottom of the page with all the topics on it.

Look at the last solid blue bar that goes horizontally across the page.

It says "Click here to show filter options". Click on that and then look at the "timeframe" section.

You can change this to show posts for today, 5 days, 7 days,...30 days, 60 days, 90 days, show all.

Click on either the "90 days" or if you want to look at posts older than that, "show all".

Then click "GO". This should give you all the older postings.

I too am interested in hotels in NOL as I'm heading there next month.

I did end up finding your post. You probably didn't find it because your settings were only

checking the postings for the last 30 days.

What you need to do is to scroll down to the bottom of the page with all the topics on it.

Look at the last solid blue bar that goes horizontally across the page.

It says "Click here to show filter options". Click on that and then look at the "timeframe" section.

You can change this to show posts for today, 5 days, 7 days,...30 days, 60 days, 90 days, show all.

Click on either the "90 days" or if you want to look at posts older than that, "show all".

Then click "GO". This should give you all the older postings.
I'm not seeing what you describe, but one option is to click on the 'tools' icon right next to the green search icon. It takes one to the advanced search page.

We have been to New Orleans many times. When choosing a hotel you need to decide three things.

1. Location. ex French Quarter, Canal Street, Warehouse District, Garden District or Convention Center area. All of these are close to one another so if you chose one you should be able to walk or take a trolley to the other.

2. Choose the start rating. Four Star hotels (our poreference) are usually very nice, 3 star are nice but as you reach 2 star the quality and amenities start to decline.

3. Price Depending on season rates can vary by as much as three times. During festivals, Mardi Gras, and special occasions; during late spring and summer lodging rates will be high.

If you go to Kayak, Hotwire and Priceline ( and do a search), there are a variety of hotels can be purchased there at the going rates. Also check rates directly with the chains or hotels websites as they are sometimes priced lower. Few hotels are located near the Amtrak station in NOL but most are a 10 minute cab ride away (and a $10 fare).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back