No 'senior discount' on Amtrak phone app?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When looking at rates on the Amtrak phone app for a trip May 2016 roundtrip ABQ ~ SAN,

I'm not seeing a way to figure in the 'senior discount' which is available online.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is it just not offered via the phone app?

Thanks

Works for me...after you pick the trains/fares (in the "Your Itinerary" screen) there's a Discount Type select next to passenger name, and Senior is in there.

I'm guessing it is not offered through the mobile app. I've tried it for my grandmother and it has never been on the mobile app.

As said above you have to get to the passenger info screen to see it. What I don't see is the disability discount - but I only did a quick look. That may be because of the accommodation questions that need to be asked.

OK, thanks. Found it. I compared the rate shown on my phone and online and can save over $100 online.
I found the savings using the internet vs Amtrak app. not to be as great as yours. I am listed as a senior on my AGR passenger profile on the app., yet my ticket was $35.00 higher on the app. vs internet pricing(a $1400+ fare). Beats me what is up with that????

OK, thanks. Found it. I compared the rate shown on my phone and online and can save over $100 online.
I found the savings using the internet vs Amtrak app. not to be as great as yours. I am listed as a senior on my AGRpassenger profile on the app., yet my ticket was $35.00 higher on the app. vs internet pricing(a $1400+ fare). Beats me what is up with that????
Found it!!! Using the internet and toggling between "adult" and "senior" in the passenger type/discount rules panel, the $35..00 difference in my fare shows up. So, even though I am listed as having a senior discount in my profile on the AGR part of the Amtrak mobile app. The senior rate is not showing up on my ticket pricing.
I have no idea how to straighten this out on the mobile app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back