No questions really, just a big thank you

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthEncantoGirl

Train Attendant
After reading this forum for a few days, I feel more and more confident about my first semi-long distance trip on the train! This site is a real find. I more or less know what to expect in a couple months when I step onto the Surfliner in San Diego, and then on to the Coast Starlight. As a single woman, I had some trepidation about taking this adventure, but, like I said, whatever qualms I had have been soothed by any number of posts I have read. I'm ready to hang loose and enjoy my trip.

Thanks again!

After reading this forum for a few days, I feel more and more confident about my first semi-long distance trip on the train! This site is a real find. I more or less know what to expect in a couple months when I step onto the Surfliner in San Diego, and then on to the Coast Starlight. As a single woman, I had some trepidation about taking this adventure, but, like I said, whatever qualms I had have been soothed by any number of posts I have read. I'm ready to hang loose and enjoy my trip.

Thanks again!
Wait until you get our bill for services. :lol: :lol:

Have a good trip and let us know how it goes.

:) I found this site before my first cross country trip and I agree with you, that it is a great find. I am now "addicted" to AU. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again!

Well if you're gonna charge me
tongue.gif
, I do have one tiny question: does anyone know how dicey it is to cross the street to the Vagabond Inn in Sacramento? I'll be getting there around midnight Saturday, and honestly, it's the most anxiety inducing aspect of the trip for me. Is it really right across the street, or do I need to take a cab? Any insight would be appreciated.

let us know how it goes.
That's the important part, there - can't wait to hear how it works out.
I have every confidence that things will go swimmingly, and even if it isn't 'perfect', it'll still be fun!

There was a poster on another thread who said something to the effect of she simply refused to have a bad trip. I second that! I expect to have a blast--two memorable days on a memorable train. What's not to like?

I'm glad you found us too!
smile.gif

I found this site in May, 2011 before my first LD trip in June, 2011 on the Texas Eagle.

I travel almost exclusively by myself too so I know what you're talking about.

I had no idea what to expect or do but reading this forum told me most everything I needed to know.

Then I took the train and I was hooked the minute the horn started blowing and we started moving
wub.gif

Now look at me.... a year later and thanks to this forum for helping to feed my new addiction, I've logged almost 15,000 miles.

You are going to love it!

Thanks again!

tongue.gif
, I do have one tiny question: does anyone know how dicey it is to cross the street to the Vagabond Inn in Sacramento? I'll be getting there around midnight Saturday, and honestly, it's the most anxiety inducing aspect of the trip for me. Is it really right across the street, or do I need to take a cab? Any insight would be appreciated.
It is very walkable from the station if you don't have alot of luggage. You cross at an intersection to your left as you walk out the door, after you cross the street go back to your right about a block and wallah you are there. The Vagabond is really closer to the station, but they have a fence you have to go around, but it is safer because it makes you cross at an intersection. Have Fun

tongue.gif
I've made that crossing many times, both by myself (single middle-aged woman in wheelchair) and with others. In the daytime, you are crossing a very busy one-way street just before an onramp to the freeway. But at midnight it is a piece of cake. Some people jaywalk in the middle of the block. The corner has a traffic light with plenty of time for pedestrians. There are signs that pedestrians are supposed to cross three streets of that intersection rather than the single direction you want. I wouldn't bother with a cab.

Thanks again!

tongue.gif
It is very walkable from the station if you don't have alot of luggage. You cross at an intersection to your left as you walk out the door, after you cross the street go back to your right about a block and wallah you are there. The Vagabond is really closer to the station, but they have a fence you have to go around, but it is safer because it makes you cross at an intersection. Have Fun
Thanks for the tip!

tongue.gif
I've made that crossing many times, both by myself (single middle-aged woman in wheelchair) and with others. In the daytime, you are crossing a very busy one-way street just before an onramp to the freeway. But at midnight it is a piece of cake. Some people jaywalk in the middle of the block. The corner has a traffic light with plenty of time for pedestrians. There are signs that pedestrians are supposed to cross three streets of that intersection rather than the single direction you want. I wouldn't bother with a cab.
You and the above poster make it sound very doable. I'm a lot more comfortable. Thanks!

tongue.gif
You and the above poster make it sound very doable. I'm a lot more comfortable. Thanks!
Do a search on google maps and you see will it is right across the street. It's an easy walk, even if you are hauling a large wheeled suitcase. Hubby and I crossed it to the Vagabond with no issues during the day. At night it is fairly well lit. If you are concerned about security, you may want to give them a call and ask if they can come over and pick you up-they do have an airport shuttle service-maybe they would be wiling to come get you.

Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back