No More Ultimate Rewards Transfers after 07 Dec 2015

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it really stinks but I'm going to give credit for advance notice as well. In many cases when transfers end it's a last minute notice if one is given at all. This gives us plenty of time to move however many UR points we think AGR is worth before the deadline.

I think it is fair to say that no one is really surprised of this announcement. Kudos those to the ones involved that allowed us a transition period to transfer points.

This one kind of hurts, as all my points generating activity is presently geared towards building up UR points for and overseas trip next year. After that was taken care of, I was looking forward to building up a balance of UR points that would have likely ended up w/ Amtrak. Now I've got to decide what's next on the travel itinerary.

That said, not surprised. Both AGR and Chase will continue to be useful in some ways.

This one kind of hurts, as all my points generating activity is presently geared towards building up UR points for and overseas trip next year. After that was taken care of, I was looking forward to building up a balance of UR points that would have likely ended up w/ Amtrak. Now I've got to decide what's next on the travel itinerary.

That said, not surprised. Both AGR and Chase will continue to be useful in some ways.
Same here. My whol points plan was using Sapphire Preferred and Freedom to build up points and transfer to AGR when needed. I like that I have OPTIONS with Chase to use points on t=other things if I want.

Now I will have to decide if it is worth it to move all earning to the AGR card or not. I am certainly not very excited about that idea.

Does BOA have a card anything like the Sapphire Preferred that allows transfer to AGR and other programs?

Same here. My whol points plan was using Sapphire Preferred and Freedom to build up points and transfer to AGR when needed. I like that I have OPTIONS with Chase to use points on t=other things if I want.

Now I will have to decide if it is worth it to move all earning to the AGR card or not. I am certainly not very excited about that idea.

Does BOA have a card anything like the Sapphire Preferred that allows transfer to AGR and other programs?
I'm not familiar with BOA having anything comparable, but the Starwood Preferred Guest AMEX card is a great card to have (well, in addition to earning from SPG property stays) as points transfer to multiple airlines (most at 1:1 with a few exceptions such as UA) and to Amtrak. The only minor downside with SPG is that transfers from SPG to airline programs garner a 5K points bonus for each 20K increment, whereas there is no bonus for SPG-->AGR - however it's still a 1:1 ratio to AGR.

Obviously very disappointed to learn that Chase Sapphire will no longer transfer to AGR. Not really surprised, but after reading the BOA card benefits, I find they are not the same quality as the Sapphire card. Double points for dining was a big plus for us.

Have 1,000 points to transfer to AGR and then I guess I will no longer use *or pay for) the Sapphire card. Since we do not fly or use most of the hotels they are affiliated with, it will no longer serve much of a purpose. :(

I have been a Bank of America customer for for less than 5 days and already find it way under par compared to Chase. Their website, their iPhone app, and their support is all weak comparatively. I have been unsuccessful in getting their text alerts to work with the new card. Supports only idea was to wait and give it more time.

Back