No More Satifaction Guarentee

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE PROGRAM ENDING NOVEMBER 1, 2002
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2002, THE UNCONDITIONAL SERVICE

GUARANTEE PROGRAM WILL BE DISCONTINUED. NONETHELESS, CUSTOMER

SATISFACTION WILL REMAIN AN ABSOLUTE PRIORITY AT AMTRAK, AND

ALL OF THE REMAINING ELEMENTS OF THE SERVICE SUCCESS

INITIATIVE, INCLUDING STANDARD SERVICE RECOVERY PRACTICES,

WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT. TRANSPORTATION CERTIFICATES AND

REFUNDS WILL STILL BE ISSUED TO PASSENGERS ON A CASE-BY-CASE

BASIS, IN THE EVENT OF SERIOUS SERVICE FAILURES.

THE UNCONDITIONAL SERVICE GUARANTEE SHALL REMAIN IN FULL

EFFECT UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2002, BUT ALL ACTIVE PROMOTION

OF IT WILL CEASE IMMEDIATELY. - AMTRAK
As much as we all loved getting free travel coupons, and our money back I think it is best that this program is demolished. A company, like Amtrak, should be able to provide a consistant satisfactory service without having costumers complaining. Does anyone know if the travel coupons I have recieved will still be valuable in the future?

Amfleet said:
Does anyone know if the travel coupons I have recieved will still be valuable in the future?
Absolutely, once issued they can't be revoked. Amtrak would have a riot on their hands if they tried that. Even in the press release they still say that they will compensate customers with problems. The intent is to cut out coupons for late trains and minor stuff.

Just be sure that there is no expiration date on the coupons, and if there is then be sure to use them before that date. I’ve never seen one, so I’m not sure what’s on the coupon.

Well then, since you got shot down on the solo trip with your friend, looks like either Mom or Dad have another Amtrak trip coming. :D

My understanding is that getting rid of the Service Guarantee (which was introduced along with the three-sheets logo) took a while because it has appeared on timetables and other print media such as the tickets themselves. The decision to do this was actually made over the summer.

Rest assured that Amtrak will still make amends financially in the form of service vouchers should there be a customer service problem, such as obviously poor service. I received vouchers twice from Amtrak for negative incidents or experiences on the train, long before the Service Guarantee program went into effect.

My guess it that the November 1 date was chosen because it is right after the fall timetables go into effect.....without any mention of the Service Guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back