nice 2 zone redemption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
just booked a 40k point 2 zone rt roomette redemption spk-atl for yarrow and me. spokane to chicago to new orleans (overnight in nol) to atlanta. the unexpected part is our route home: atlanta to new orelans (overnight in nol)to los angeles to portland to spokane. i asked if we could do this homebound itinerary and was told "no problem". sounds like fun. the trip is scheduled for september

Congratulations on an excellent booking! As for my wife and I, doing Oceanside, CA to NOL via Chicago mid July. Pacific Surfliner, three days on the TE and connecting with the City of New Orleans. That's the best I could come up with for my two zone award, made last December. Have an overnight in NOL with friends before returning back home (FMD) on wife's one zone award. :)

As for my wife and I, doing Oceanside, CA to NOL via Chicago mid July. Pacific Surfliner, three days on the TE and connecting with the City of New Orleans.
I'm very surprised they allowed that they allowed that routing, Mark!
blink.gif
The TE operates with the SL to SAS - and the SL goes right to NOL.

Like I said I'm surprised, but very happy they allowed it!
biggrin.gif

Dave: Im surprised also about the TE vs SSL to NOL! Sounds lile the OP lucked out and got a cool.agent! Of course both r 2 zone awards so in a way its sort of like the lamented loopholes we loved and used!

Back