News From Train 98

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewliner

Engineer
Got a call from Battalion51 earlier, and this is what he's reporting. (The message was a little broken up, so I may be a little off)

Viewliner Sleeper #62014 "Imperial View" Deadheading to Washington going on Train #66(21) (The Federal) believed to have come off of the Lake Shore Limited as line 4820 (or may be going, I'm not entirely sure)

#239 was put on at West Palm Beach

He reports of a broken rail at Sebring

Train #89 running 3 hours Late

Train #91 running 1.5 hours Late out of Jacksonville

Train #97 running 5.5 hours Late

Good for the most part, except the 239 (sadly) didn't come out of retirement. We had the 201 in lead. I spoke with a friend of mine last night who thinks the 62014 may be headed to Boston for service on the LSL Boston side. Boston side reportedly hasn't had a sleeper in a few months, so it could just be taking the Federal to Boston to go over to P448-22. I did walk through the 62014, and one word came to mind, trashed. None of the beds were made, pillows were strewn about the car, and it was just overall dirty. Room #2 was missing cushions on the chairs, and the car had a cigarette odor (most likely from Hialeah workers smoking in it). The only positive was that there were two national timetables in Room A that I picked up. :lol: On another note I was able to see 91 in Orlando as I waited for my sister to pick me up. There were three interesting cars on the rear, including Horizon Coaches 54514 and 54523, plus Express Trak 71269. The Horizon coaches were occupied, as one might expect, and it is my theory that the ExpressTrak is being used in mail service. 91 had two Assistant Conductors, most trains probably will for the next week or so. Also, Auto Train is currently carrying RoadRailers again during the holiday mail rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back