News from CHI - Tom's Last Day is Monday, 3/8

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C855B

Service Attendant
I suspect many folks on AU know or at least have met Tom McConnell, the affable host of the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago. I know that for my wife and I he's been good for fun and informative chats about Amtrak and passenger rail travel in general, and we always looked forward to our layovers there.

However, due to reorganizations in the job structures at CHI, the Mon-Fri host position has been eliminated, effective March 8. Tom has elected to not "bump" into the remaining positions since there are none with weekends off.

So if you are traveling through CHI this week, stop by and extend a "thank you" and "best wishes" on Tom's early retirement.

Is Tom the fellow that does the luggage hold? I only seen male worker when I was there last Wed.

No, he's one of the supervising hosts behind the main desk. Friendly and gregarious.

Another good one bites the dust! Hopefully his replacement will have a Customer friendly attitude and not be another Chicago Dragon or a Brown Shirt Control Freak!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back