News flash:Sunnyside actually fixed something

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Thursday I rode P098-17 with Crew 5. The LSA in the lounge is a good friend of mine, we hang out, ya kno no big whoop. So I'm talking with him when I notice one of the refrigerators hanging open partially, I reach in try to slam it, it stays propped open. He tells me the latch is busted, and it won't stay closed. I go over to my grip (bag) and get a roll of Duck Tape (any smart Amtrak Employee/Railfan carries one in his/her grip). I cut him a piece of tape and tell him it will stay closed for the duration of the trip. I made my return trip from Orlando with the same crew and consist today on P097-18. I notice my Duck Tape is now on the outside of a cabinet over the microwave. I ask him what happened, here's what he said.

I got to New York yesterday and mechanical asked what the duck tape of the refrigerator was about, so I told them that one of our passengers in Florida had to give me the tape to keep the thing closed because you guys can't fix s*** up here. Well when I came back to Sunnyside it was fixed.
So the lesson in all this, all you have to do is humiliate Mechanical and you might get it fixed.

Very interesting Battalion, guess somebody should introduce the mechanics to the passengers on each train. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back