Newark to Philadelphia - advice wanted

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Keystone is a nice, comfortable train. No café should not be a problem because, when you get to PHL, there will be food places galore, plus tons more when you leave the station and go into the city. Philly does not lack for places to eat.
default_smile.png

The Keystone is a nice, comfortable train. No café should not be a problem because, when you get to PHL, there will be food places galore, plus tons more when you leave the station and go into the city. Philly does not lack for places to eat.
default_smile.png
And close by is the Great Reading RR Terminal now a fantastic Food Court.

I think the rules were relaxed this summer due to the construction at NYP, resulting in some trains being cancelled.
It's actually been this way for a while. I remember when NYP-ALX was the shortest trip you could take on an LD on the NEC, which we would do whenever we'd go to the DC area.

But for the past maybe year, it's been this way.

default_smile.png
And close by is the Great Reading RR Terminal now a fantastic Food Court.
It's a lot more than just your typical 'food court'...it's a genuine farmer's market, as well...

https://readingterminalmarket.org/

default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I always forget that it has healthy veggies and fruit. I get lost in there, but somehow the ice cream and the buttercream icing cupcakes find me without any problem!
default_tongue.png

default_smile.png
And close by is the Great Reading RR Terminal now a fantastic Food Court.[emoji11]
Jim I’ll assume you’re talking about the Reading Terminal Market. Pronounced Reding. It’s beyond a food court. Which is a short ride away on the Market Frankford Line to the 13th Street Station.

default_smile.png
And close by is the Great Reading RR Terminal now a fantastic Food Court.[emoji11]
Jim Ill assume youre talking about the Reading Terminal Market. Pronounced Reding. Its beyond a food court. Which is a short ride away on the Market Frankford Line to the 13th Street Station.
That's it Steve! And as you know I've been there many times including during the Philly Gathering, so know it's more than a Food Court.
Is it still Free to ride there from 30th St. With your Amtrak ticket?

Back