New York Penn Club Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellar1

Train Attendant
Next month I'm heading from New York Penn to Chicago. I've got Business Class Reservations on a Northeast Regional from NYP to Washington, then later that same day I have a Sleeper (Bedroom) from Washington to Chicago. Will I be allowed in Club Acela in New York Penn? I am not leaving NYP on a Sleeper (Northeast Regionals are only coach or business class), but since I do have a first class sleeper later in the day, although at a different city, would they still allow me in the NY Club Acela Lounge, or do I have to wait in the regular coach passengers waiting area?

Last edited by a moderator:
My last trip out to continue on the Cap Limited I had absolutely no problem with that, but as we all know consistency is not Amtrak's strong suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Connecting on a regional to a sleeper on the CL is pretty common in NY since it often prices out better than the LSL. The same situation (NER to WAS) will be happening with the Crescent while repairs are going on, it will terminate in Washington.

Who is Eligible for Lounge Access?

Amtrak Guest Rewards members with a valid Select Plus or Select Executive member card.
Amtrak passengers with a same-day ticket (departing) or ticket receipt (arriving) in First Class or sleeping car accommodations.
Complimentary ClubAcela Single-Day Pass holders. Same-day travel ticket not needed.
Private car owners/lessee and party between time of arrival and departure specified in the reservation. Provide reservation number to Club representative upon entry.
United Club Members with a valid United Club Card are entitled to access ClubAcela locations and may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21. United Global First or United BusinessFirst passengers with a flight coupon or boarding pass with a same-day, international segment in United Global First or United BusinessFirst are also entitled to ClubAcela access.

Back